Dallas is chock-full of fun events and activities, especially in the summer time! Here are just a few ways to stay active and have fun! Everything from professional sports to amazing fitness classes and summer sports leagues to join. Get out into this great city, and make the most out of your summer!
1. Run, walk, bike, or in-line skate your way to health along the Katy Trail, a linear 3.5 mile path located in Uptown.
3. Learn all about life and the universe at the extraordinary Perot Museum of Nature and Science.
5. Want rollercoasters? Head on out to Six Flags Over Texas for the day!
6. How ‘bout them Cowboys? Check out the state-of-the-art AT&T Center for the Cowboys season and other performances.
7. Spend the day at White Rock Lake where you can run, canoe, kayak, SUP, fish, etc. The list goes on!
8. With exhibits ranging from animals as little as exotic birds to animals as large as giraffes and elephants, the Dallas Zoo is sure to please every animal lover!
10.Love golf and the Dallas Cowboys? Enjoy both at the Dallas Cowboys Golf Club, the first and only NFL team-themed golf course.
11. Just want a go-to challenging golf course near downtown? Book a tee time at Tenison Park Golf Club!
12. Need some practice before you hit the golf course, or just looking to have a good time? Swing away at TopGolf!
13. Hey, batter batter! Catch some Texas Rangers games this summer.
14. Want to get out of the city? Or at least feel like it? Put on your hiking shoes (or just trainers) and take in the beautiful sights at Cedar Ridge Preserve!
15. Is biking more your style? With tracks for beginner, intermediate, and advanced bicyclists, Boulder Park will not disappoint!
16. If you thrive on adventure and thrills, don’t miss out on the Zero Gravity Thrill Amusement Park. Free falling, bungee jumping, and gliding are just a few of the rides they offer!
17. Walk around, eat some amazing food, and learn all about Dallas on the Food Tours of America.
18. Basketball fan? Ice hockey fan? Or just want some great shows? The American Airlines Center never lacks in entertainment all year round!
19. Beat the Texas heat at the Galleria Ice Skating Center!
20. Jump in to some of the free weekly bootcamps, yoga, and zumba classes held at Klyde Warren Park. Afterwards, grab something to eat at the diverse food trucks and chill out to some live music.
21. History buff? Check out the Sixth Floor Museum at Dealey Plaza. Stand in the very room where JFKs assassin pulled the deadly trigger.
23. Share some great food and memories with your best friends, especially your furry friends, at Mutts Cantina.
24. Get your fill of priceless works of art in the Dallas Arts District, which includes 19 blocks of every kind of art you can imagine, from the Dallas Museum of Art to the Nasher Sculpture Center to the AT&T Performing Arts Center.
25. Need more art in your life? Fort Worth boasts of some of the most well known art museums. Work out your body and your mind while walking around the Kimbell, the Modern Art Museum, and the Amon Carter.
28. Head out to the Dallas Polo Club to watch some elite polo matches and even learn how to play yourself!
30. Flowers and trees galore! Explore the many beautiful gardens at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Garden.
31. Join a beach volleyball league at the Sandbar Cantina!
32. Take a selfie with Big Tex when the State Fair of Texas rolls back around this fall!
33. Learn to fly at Skyline Trapeze!
34. GOOOOOAAALLL! Don’t miss any of the exciting FC Dallas soccer games!
35. Take to the skies! Learn all about the history of flying at the Frontiers of Flight Museum.
36. Drop by Be Raw Food & Juice for the freshest food that will satisfy anyone’s dietary preferences!
37. You aren’t a true Texan until you have been to a rodeo! Lucky for you, the Stockyards Rodeo is held every Friday and Saturday evening!
38. Old Red, the retired but stunningly restored Dallas County Courthouse, is filled with Dallas history!
39. Learn how to enhance your wellness with free yoga, meditation, and lectures at the Crow Collection.
40. Get active by joining the Dallas Sport and Social Club! Sweat, have fun, and make some great friends!